Its only 6 days to go till Pancake Day so don't forget to buy in all the supplies you will need to make the perfect pancake!
Ever wondered why we celebrate it in the way we do? Well wonder no more. Feast your eyes on these fun facts from Paul Hodgkiss Designs.
1. Pancakes have been around for a very long time. The earliest known pancakes were made around 12,000 years ago using such ingredients as ground grains and nuts. These were then mixed with water or milk and then cooked on hot stones.
2. Pancake Day is also known as "Shrove Tuesday" The word ‘shrove’ is the past tense of the verb to shrive, meaning to confess or to impose a penance. The day after this is known as "Ash Wednesday".
3. To this day the highest pancake toss on record is a whopping 9.47m (31ft 1in). It was made in 2010 in New York.
4. In the UK alone 52 million eggs are used on Pancake Day. Thats 22 million more than usual!
5. Even Shakespeare was partial to a wee pancake now and then. Two of his plays even mentions them, All’s Well That Ends Well and As You Like It.
So there you are, plenty of interesting facts to keep you going until Pancake Day on Tuesday the 28th of February. Don't forget folks if you need any last minute gifts or mixing bowls, cups etc for Pancake Day we have them all here.